The first quarter of the financial year 2018-19 saw a significant shift in the HR industry. Many senior HR professionals shifted their roles, some of them got promoted and some left their companies for a better opportunity. In this article, we highlight some of the major movements which took place from April 2018 to June 2018.
- Anand Shankar- The second working day of the month and senior strategist and consultant Anand Shankar joined Deloitte Consulting as Partner & Leader HR Transformation. Shankar is an industry veteran with three decades of experience in various sectors. In his current role, he will operate from Bengaluru and will be reporting to Gaurav Lahiri, Partner & Leader- Human Capital, Deloitte. In his new role, he will continue to build and grow the HR transformation practice for Deloitte in India.
- Madhav Vamsi- Famous food ordering and delivery platform Swiggy appointed Madhav Vamsi as their Head of Talent & Culture. Before joining Swiggy, he worked with famous brands such as Microsoft, Flipkart, and TCS. Swiggy is on an expansion mode and planning to enter regional cities. Vamsy will be responsible for L&D charter alongside evangelizing technology for overall HR function.
- Sachin Gupte- Standard Chartered Bank, India, announced the appointment of Sachin Gupte as its new Head of Human Resources. He took over from William Paul who retired after having a stint of almost a decade with the Bank. Before this, Sachin was the Head of Human Resources, Global Banking (GB) and Transaction Banking (TB) at Standard Chartered.
- Nupur Mallick- In the second week of the month, one of India’s largest conglomerate, Tata Sons announced their new HR Chief. Nupur Mallick who had been part of TCS since 1997 is now set to be the new HR Chief of Tata Sons. With this appointment the Chairman of Tata Sons, N Chandrasekaran further strengthens his leadership team.
- Rahul Kapoor- GSK Consumer Healthcare elevates Rahul Kapoor as the EVP HR for India Sub- Continent effective from 1st June 2018. Based in Gurugram, Kapoor will report to Arun Sehgal, Vice President- HR, Asia Pacific and support Navneet Saluja, Managing Director, GSK Consumer Healthcare. He will be a part of the ISC Leadership Team. He will succeed Ongmu Gombu who has been promoted to Vice President, HR Operations Lead, Asia Team.
- Naga Siddharth- Senior HR leader Naga Siddharth, who was working with food retail chain Spar India, joined the Total Environment Group as Group Chief Human Resource Officer. The Bengaluru based developer is known for building residential and commercial projects. Total Environment consists of more than 800 employees across the country. Siddharth will report to the Founder and Chairman of the company.
- Seema Nair- After working with the beverage company for eighteen months, Seema Nair decided to move on. She was serving as the SVP and CHRO, Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages based in Bengaluru. Before joining Coca-Cola, she was working with Cisco as Director and CHRO, where she was responsible for the HR business of countries such as India, Bangladesh, Nepal and Sri Lanka.
- Vishpala Reddy- Uber announced the elevation of Vishpala Reddy, Chief People Officer, India & South Asia to a new role of Regional HR Director, Asia Pacific, Uber. Vishpala joined Uber in August 2017 from American Express where she worked for more than 12 years. She is a veteran of human resource and worked with companies such as Aon Hewitt and Cognizant.
- Unmesh Pawar- In March 2018, Unmesh announced his separation from Accenture in a social media post. In May 2018, KPMG India appointed him as a Partner and Head of People, Performance and Culture of the firm. He replaced Shalini Pillay, who was elevated to the role of Office Managing Partner for Bengaluru office.
- Lipika Verma- She was working as Director, Rewards India& Pacific for Schneider Electric moved to a new role. After working with the company for more than five years, Lipika now leads the global team as Director, Rewards, Global Supply Chain.
- Sonali Roychowdhury- After working for Procter & Gamble (P&G) for twenty years, Sonali Roychowdhury shifted to a more prominent role in the company. In a recent development, she has been appointed as Head, Asia Pacific, Supply Chain, HR for P&G. She will be based in Singapore.
- Srikantan Moorthy- He was earlier heading application services will now be the head of talent acquisition for the US. Before he was appointed Head of Global Services - Application Development, he had been serving the company as Group Head of Human Resources Development at Infosys Ltd. since April 1, 2013.
- P Dwarakanath - Senior HR veteran P Dwarakanath has become the Non-Executive Chairman and Nominee Director of Horlicks Limited which runs under the global healthcare brand, GlaxoSmithKline (GSK). HR industry personals welcomed this development and termed it as a valuable achievement.
- Rahul Pinjarkar- After quitting Saint – Gobain as VP, Human Resources, Rahul Pinjarkar, has joined Tata’s retail arm Trent Hypermarket as Director HR. He will report to the Managing Director. In his new role, Pinjarkar will be the head of Human Resources, employee relations including CSR and Administration.
- Kamlesh Dangi- Senior HR veteran Kamlesh Dangi has put in his papers at UTI mutual fund. Currently, he is serving his notice period and will join the financial startup Incred Finance in mid of August.
- Sandip Mallik- Home Credit India Finance one of India’s non-banking financial companies appointed Sandip Mallik as the new Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO). He takes over from Jindra Hachova who completed a successful three-year assignment in May 2018.
- Saba Adil- She currently works as the Chief People Officer in Aegon Life Insurance has been given additional responsibility and has been named as the Chief Operating Officer as well. In the new role, Saba will be responsible for creating a differentiated and superior customer experience and will continue reporting to the MD & CEO.
- Dipak Gadekar- The industry veteran has retired from the company and his next destination is unknown. He was the VP HR & Industrial Relations at Voltas India. He joined Voltas in the year 2009 and managed HR for the International Operations Business Group for more than 18 months.
Note: We have tried to include all the essential movements among the senior HR leaders. If we have missed anyone, please let us know and we would be happy to add it to our list.