Shaveta started with PepsiCo as Management Trainee. With 8.5 years of HR experience in the same company encompassing various roles and responsibilities, Shaveta believes that HR needs to work towards building a culture where people can talk about ‘signs of problems with transparency’. When she is not working, she loves to travel and enjoys her time with her 3-year old daughter.
Shaveta Arya, Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition, PepsiCo
One thing you will:
Start in HR: Measure Impact of HR Interventions on P&L
Continue in HR: Coaching Leaders/Teams for effective Performance
Stop in HR: Admin/Transaction Processing
As an emerging HR leader, one thing which brings great pride to you:
Anchoring the Employer Branding Journey for PepsiCo India in 2016 and working with multiple cross-functional teams in the organisation. This is a very special experience as it has helped the organisation impact the external Imagery and eventually attract best Talent.
Biggest flaw in the way organizations operate today, and how do you plan to fix that:
Staying connect with Market realities and ensuring the product portfolio is continuously upgraded/evolved to stay relevant and catch new opportunities well in time. As an HR Leader I think we need to work towards building a culture where people can talk about ‘signs of problems with transparency’ and a lean organisation with clear decision matrix to convert ‘great ideas into great Products’ well in time.
What makes the difference while you are in HR in a corporate set up:
An HR Professional can best deliver only when one understands the entire value chain and business challenges.
I take great pride in working extremely closely with my business stakeholders and match up their levels of business challenges/performance.
In 5 years, you see yourself as:
Heading one of the COE Verticals or a Sr. HR Business Partner.
Your ‘Are you in The List’ journey:
It has been an exciting journey with every assessment stage more challenging and interesting than the previous one. It helped me reflect on my experiences, get better understanding of my own strengths/weaknesses and interact with other senior HR/Business Leaders.
FIRE SHOT QUESTIONS:
- As an emerging HR leader, what keeps you up at night: Managing diverse workforce with different backgrounds, generations, cultures. Raising and customising HR Delivery to keep this diverse workforce engaged.
- Describe today’s HR in one line: Strategic Partner, Change Champion and Employee Advocate
- Qualities which differentiate you from other participants: Challenging Assignments, experiences across HR Domains and have continuously delivered to move ahead in my career. I take great pride in successful business partnering across my roles.
- A stranger’s first impression of yours would be: Approachable
- Who or What are your biggest strengths: My Daughter, and I am very Focussed and Determined.
- One weakness you can do without: Overtly Analytical
- If we have to automate you and ask you to keep one human quality, what should that be: Emotions
- Your Favourite book: Built to Last
- Your Hobby: Travelling
- One word that describes an HR professional: Credible
For the entire list of Are You in The List Awards 2016, please click here.
Here are the profiles of other winners (not based on ranking):
Here’s the list of India’s 15 future HR leaders:
- ABHISHEK BUDHARAJA, Associate Director, HR (Talent Management, OD & OE) at Snapdeal
- ANKITA PODDAR, HR Business Partner, Amazon
- APOORVA PRADHAN, Assistant Manager, Tata Consultancy Services Ltd
- MEGHA GUPTA, HR Business Partner, Sapient Corporation Ltd
- RAVI BAJPAI, Practice Lead Talent Acquisition, Infosys
- SALIL RAHEJA, Deputy General Manager, Essar Steel India Ltd
- SHREYAS HARIDAS, HR Business Partner, Star India Pvt Ltd.
- SIDDHARTH BHASIN, HRBP, G&A Business, APAC Region, Google
- SOUMYA MALKANI, Deputy Manager – Organisation Development, Tata AIG General Insurance Company
- ADITYA ADYAR, Chief People Officer, Faasos
- NIYATI GOEL, Regional Rewards, AMEA (Asia Middle East & Africa), Mondelez International
- APEKSHA JAIN, Senior HR Business Partner, PepsiCo
- RAJESHWARI RAMACHANDRAN, HCM Consultant
- SNIGDHA SINGH CHAUDHURI, Sr. Manager, HRBP for Sales team, Cipla