Her husband is her biggest strength – she is an alumnus of Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai and Lady Shri Ram College, Delhi, Singdha enjoys designing personalized gifts for her family and friends. She has keen interest in writing and would like to pursue that someday. She describes HR ad ‘the custodian of policies, processes and culture for the Organization.’
Snigdha Singh Chaudhuri, Sr. Manager, HRBP for Sales team, Cipla
One thing you will:
Start in HR: Talk the language of Business and provide people solutions to Business challenges
Continue in HR: Continue building capabilities for future
Stop in HR: Considering Administrative & Event Management responsibilities as the primary role
As an emerging HR leader, one thing which brings great pride to you:
To have been instrumental in launch of a P&G Shiksha sponsored school for 100 girls in the remote district of Mewat, Rajasthan where more than 50 villages in the vicinity had no school above class V for girl students, by working with the district politicians, government bodies and a local NGO.
Biggest flaw in the way organizations operate today, and how do you plan to fix that:
As they say ‘Culture eats Strategy for Breakfast’. I find the biggest flaw in the way organizations operate is to keep designing and implementing strategy but not focusing on building and preserving the right culture to make it happen. It starts with the leadership setting the right precedents and the HR leaders safeguarding the organizational values.
As a future HR leader, my focus is to coach the leaders so that they can build their teams right.
What makes the difference while you are in HR in a corporate set up:
I pride in being honest to my work and people around me – I call the spade a spade and am not afraid to ask questions.
In 5 years, you see yourself as:
I see myself building successful teams of HR professionals to deliver organization results.
Your Are You In The List Journey:
The journey gave me an opportunity to reflect on my strengths, introspect on the path ahead and discover myself in various spheres of work.
FIRE SHOT QUESTIONS:
- As an emerging HR leader, what keeps you up at night: I have been lucky enough to have been led by some amazing leaders – what keeps me up at night is whether I will be able to provide the same kind of experience as a leader to the teams I aspire to lead.
- Describe today’s HR in one line: The custodian of policies, processes and culture for the Organization.
- Who is your inspiration to be an HR professional: My English Professor, Kumar Abhishek, in MBA prep time, was an HR Professional-turned-professor whose narrative and experiences as an HR professional inspired me to take up this function.
- Qualities which differentiate you from other participants: The firm belief in “When you compare yourself to others, you miss the miracle of who you are” – hence no comparison.
- A stranger’s first impression of yours would be: Friendly & approachable.
- Who or What are your biggest strengths: My husband Saurabh is my biggest strength – he is my source of positivity and perspective all the time.
- One weakness you can do without: My attention to detail is very high which impacts my turnaround time for results.
- If we have to automate you and ask you to keep one human quality, what should that be: Empathy – that’s what makes me human.
- Your Favourite book: None in particular. Ranges across genres and authors.
- Your Hobby: Designing personalized gifts for my family
- One word that describes an HR professional: Stewardship
For the entire list of Are You in The List Awards 2016, please click here.
Here are the profiles of other winners (not based on ranking):
Here’s the list of India’s 15 future HR leaders:
- ABHISHEK BUDHARAJA, Associate Director, HR (Talent Management, OD & OE) at Snapdeal
- ANKITA PODDAR, HR Business Partner, Amazon
- APOORVA PRADHAN, Assistant Manager, Tata Consultancy Services Ltd
- MEGHA GUPTA, HR Business Partner, Sapient Corporation Ltd
- RAVI BAJPAI, Practice Lead Talent Acquisition, Infosys
- SALIL RAHEJA, Deputy General Manager, Essar Steel India Ltd
- SHAVETA ARYA, Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition, PepsiCo India Holdings Pvt. Ltd.
- SHREYAS HARIDAS, HR Business Partner, Star India Pvt Ltd.
- SIDDHARTH BHASIN, HRBP, G&A Business, APAC Region, Google
- SOUMYA MALKANI, Deputy Manager – Organisation Development, Tata AIG General Insurance Company
- ADITYA ADYAR, Chief People Officer, Faasos
- NIYATI GOEL, Regional Rewards, AMEA (Asia Middle East & Africa), Mondelez International
- APEKSHA JAIN, Senior HR Business Partner, PepsiCo
- RAJESHWARI RAMACHANDRAN, HCM Consultant