The Glittering Glimpses of Are You In The List 2018
On 2nd August, we witnessed the crowning glory of 14 Future Emerging HR Leaders as part of the People Matters Are You In The List 2018 Awards. People Matters has been presenting the most awaited Award ceremony for the Future Emerging HR Leaders every year since 2012. The award journey was conceptualized in 2012 in collaboration with Development Dimensions International (DDI).
The one of its kind initiative aims to identify young emerging HR leaders to build the future pipeline HR leaders. The ceremony was preceded with an exclusive Masterclasses from Shane Watson, former Australian Cricket Captain.
This year, women outshone men in clinching the crowns. Out of 14, 9 winners are women who are driving inspirations to many working professionals out there.
Here’s the list of 2018 Winners:
1. Akanksha Purswani | Associate General Manager – HR | Schneider Electric India Pvt Ltd
2. Bibin Poovathany | Lead Employee HR Management Specialist | General Electric (GE)
3. Priyanshi Awasthi | Talent Business Analyst | Deloitte US India
4. Soumyadipta Chakraborty | HRBP | Amazon
5. Mythili Sarathy | Talent Management Head | Reliance Industries Limited
6. Anuvesh Chandra | DGM – HR | Hindalco Industries Ltd
7. Kornica Ganguly | Associate Director | Cipla Ltd.
8. Sudipto Kar | Senior Manager | Tata Sons
9. Surabhi Sheshadri | Head-L&OD and D&I | Boehringer Ingelheim India Pvt. Ltd.
10. Garima Konda | Assistant Manager – HR | Larsen & Toubro
11. Swati Singh | Senior HR Manager | PepsiCo India
12. Amit Sharma | Sr. Manager | Cipla
13. Tanvi Sharma | Head - Strategy & Business Dev, Ex-HR Head Transformer Div | Raychem RPG
14. Reshmi Stephen | Manager – HR | QuEST Global
The 6-stage rigorous process starts with Stage 1 which is 1A (Online Application): Candidates register online by submitting their details and by following the online application process. And then subsequently, 1B (Application Form): Applicants would be taking the Online Application test. Stage 2 is the Cognitive Ability test: DDI’s Cognitive ability test will follow for eligible candidate which is a tool for online assessment of one’s cognitive ability as it relates to success on the job. The qualified candidates will proceed to stage 3 of the Awards process.
With the results, participants move to Stage 3 which is Leadership Assessment (Manager Ready): The shortlisted candidates undergo DDI’s online Leadership Assessment. This is a tool to identify the candidate's readiness to take managerial roles. The top candidates from this assessment will further proceed to stage 4 of the Awards process.
Stage 4A is the Video Interview process where shortlisted candidates are required to record their video, answering pre-determined questions on video platform to assess whether the applicants display the required competencies for which the automated interviewing process is used.
Stage 4B consists of volunteering for a cause. The shortlisted candidates will have to volunteer for a cause of their personal choice via Goodera Employee Volunteering Platform. Candidates will have to submit an 800-1000 words write-up on their volunteering experience which will be considered by the jury while evaluating the candidate.
Stage 5 is about solving a business case study. In order to further assess skills required to be a successful HR Leader, DDI evaluates selected individuals on their business acumen by conducting a mini-assessment using a business case study method. This stage may also include a personality inventory which measures attributes or tendencies that can either enhance or derail one’s leadership effectiveness. Faceoff with the Panel is Stage 6 which is a one-on-one meeting of the Jury with the finalists which will lead to identifying the Emerging Future HR Leaders of 2018.
The Jury comprised HR experts from different industries. They had a tough time in selecting the best from the crème-de-la-crème. The Jury included:
- Suresh Narayanan - Chairman and MD of Nestlé India
- Siraj Chaudhry – Chairman, Cargill India
- Gajendra Chandel - CHRO, Tata Motors
- Dr. Aquil Busrai- CEO, Aquil Busrai Consulting
- S Varadarajan - Senior HR Leader & Entrepreneur
- Jacob Jacob - Group CHRO, Columbia Asia Healthcare
- Raj Raghavan-Senior Vice President, Human Resources at IndiGo
- D N Prasad-Leadership Coach & People/Culture Strategist
- Prabhakar Lingareddy - Vice President – Human Resources at the Agri-Business Division of ITC Limited
- Meenal Jadhav - Director, Schneider Electric, India
- Yuvaraj Srivastava - Group Chief Human Resource Officer, MakyMyTrip.com
- T.K. Srirang- Human Resources function for ICICI Bank Limited
- Rajkamal Vempati-Head Human Resources, Axis Bank
Are You In The List 2018 also had support from Partners. DDI is the Presenting Partner, Jaipuria Institute of Management is the Academic Partner, Mettl is the Assessment Partner, and Goodera is the Employee Volunteering Partner for the awards.
Check out the winners of Are You In The List Awards 2017.