BridgeLabz, upGrad partner to launch development program for engineers
Online education platform upGrad and IP-driven incubation labs, BridgeLabz Solutions LLP have launched a full-stack development program for nurturing engineering talent and ideas in the emerging technology space. The first-of-its-kind upskilling course offers placement assurance in deep technology roles with annual salary packages starting from Rs 7 lakhs.
As deep technology profoundly impacts businesses, companies are staring at a limited talent pool of engineers with required skills. The model, co-created by upGrad and BridgeLabz, envisions to bridge the skill gap amongst Indian engineers via industry-oriented, hands-on training and channeling the synergy of both academia and the industry.
The program is currently available in Bengaluru, India’s technology capital. The 20-week program intends to impact employability in the technology sector, starting with an intake of 100 engineers.
Announcing the program, upGrad Co-founder and Managing Director, Mayank Kumar said, “We, at upGrad, believe that the technology space is one of our core strengths, and are constantly enhancing our content delivery to ensure that we produce measurable learning outcomes, relevant to today’s professional realm. Through this partnership with BridgeLabz, we hope to join them in their efforts to reach out to a larger number of engineers across the country, helping them harness their full potential with robust, dynamic skill sets.”
The applicants need to pay around 10% of the fee to begin the course and the remaining 90% fee only upon getting their desired jobs as a part of an income-sharing agreement. The full-stack development program will enable leading technology companies to access a tailor-made, productive talent within a committed time frame.
Commenting on the partnership, Narayan Mahadevan, Founder, BridgeLabz said, “At BridgeLabz, it has been our longstanding endeavor to equip engineering talent with industry-ready skillsets in order to make them employable, especially at a time when emerging technologies are gaining prominence at a rapid pace. We are happy to partner with a reputed online learning company such as upGrad to bolster our efforts in this direction. We are confident that this collaborative effort for the program will produce very effective results, both for engineers and companies in the country’s technology ecosystem.”
While there is no doubt that there is immense talent amongst India’s engineering graduates, however without the right resources this talent remains largely untapped. As per a report by BridgeLabz, only 0.4% of engineering graduates in India are directly employable. Through this partnership, the duo will aim to bridge the widespread skill-gap among the exiting talent pool and name them job-ready through this focused course. In this direction, BridgeLabz is also conducting a series of coding bootcamps in the coming year to help engineering talent upskill and equip them with robust, industry-oriented skillsets.