Primarily as a measure for employee satisfaction, benefit & retention, companies have nowadays triggered their efforts towards learning & development.
With abundant number of companies taking inception in India, the options for young employees are ever-increasing. They now look for a company where they not only have to work but can learn simultaneously.
Companies over the years have understood this demand and L&D has grown in prominence. Since its days of inception, L&D has revolutionized the field of HR. With the impeccable support of technology, L&D leaders have not only revamped the company processes but also steered innovation.
This success has led to the L&D leaders getting direct support & attention of the CEO. Lately, the trend has been noticed where CEOs are constantly involved in improvising the L&D function.
The brief list below describes the 5 major expectations that CEOs of today have from their L&D leaders:
- Introducing new technologies & thereby driving a formidable work culture within the organization.
- Develop & form newer learning programs rather than just implementing them.
- Developing relationships with employees and understanding their learning & growth needs.
- Ideating and executing an integrated learning system for the organization augmenting & monitoring the learning processes for employees.
- Preparing for the future by making the staff competent enough for changing market conditions and by aligning the short & long term goals of the employees with those of the company.
By ensuring this, the CEOs demand from the L&D leaders to shape up an innovation-driven organizational architecture.