There is no doubt that India Inc began taking action to educate employees for a safe working environment at the onset of Covid-19. Since we can only expect the unexpected in this pandemic, there is no safer choice but to make available the option of working from home. Can this be the next game changer for Corporate India?
At a time when all kinds of information is making the rounds, it’s difficult for employees to stay focused and maintain productivity, especially if been told to work from home. Are we really prepared to communicate and keep our teams engaged remotely? What are the options available to stay connected, be productive while also staying alert in this pandemic?
Yes, technology is the most common answer. We can leverage all those spends, intranet, Microsoft Teams, slack, workplace and more. How can we ensure though that there is human touch in this technology?
Here are a few tips and tricks to keep the communication two-way, consistent, panic-free and productive:
- Educate to show that you care: Bust the myths and reveal all the facts on Covid-19 through webinars with doctors, recurrent announcements through notifications and digital activities that can be accessed consistently on mobile.
- Share success stories: Research and share inspiring stories, case studies of people around the world coming together to battle this pandemic collaboratively.
- Listen to their Voice: A medium like a private company RADIO can be interactive and help listen to the concerns of employees, make announcements on relevant topics, have song dedications and contests to lighten the mood.
- Mobile games and e-learning: Chart a plan for each employee’s learning and development through e-learning courses and gamifications that help them upskill, have refresher trainings or simply interact with colleagues to unwind.
- Living the values: This is a great time to reinforce company values that bring employees together, reiterate the need to live them at this critical time and stay together through this battle.
- Wellness engagements: Motivate employees to spend time on their emotional, mental and physical wellness by spending productive time reflecting on the gaps and filling them with help virtually.
- Family engagement: Build a connection with the families of your employees to assure them of the safety and precautionary measures taken, earn their trust and confidence in your business.
- Restore confidence: Communicate on the post-pandemic business strategy to maintain focus on a positive market recovery.
- Building collaboration and comradery: Share stories of inspiration, create moments of appreciation and showcase talent of your employees virtually – all with the objective of building a culture of appreciation and comraderies at work.
- Celebrate Festivities and special days remotely: There are several WHO themed celebratory days each month that are celebrated worldwide. Use this time to throw light on sustainability, climate change, health and wellness during this time.
It is important to be humane in the use of technology to ensure employees are engaged and emerge stronger, smarter and swifter post this global pandemic. There is so much that digital can offer given its reach, affordability and innovations in engagement. Leverage this time to connect with your teams, offer learning and development solutions, communicate consistently and build a bond that strengths at the end of this crisis