SBI and NSE jointly launched five online banking courses
The State Bank of India (SBI) has announced a partnership with NSE Academy to launch five online courses. The Strategic Training Unit of SBI will be at the forefront of the partnership.
Learners can start to enrol for the five inaugural MOOCs of SBI on the NSE Knowledge Hub platform as a part of this strategic association. According to the official statement, the courses curated by SBI are a good blend of theory and operational aspects which will enable learners to have a deeper understanding of the fundamentals of banking, compliance, lending norms and a host of other topics. These courses have been designed and developed by practising bankers possessing rich experience and excellent academic credentials. The courses are suitably enriched with real-life case studies and scenarios, thus offering experiential learning for working professionals and learners.
Commenting on the partnership, Shri Om Prakash Mishra, DMD (HR) & CDO, SBI said “It gives me immense pleasure to announce SBI’s partnership with NSE Academy, which is a wholly-owned subsidiary of National Stock Exchange of India. We are sanguine that our collaboration with a focus on functional courses, for learners in the BFSI sector, will benefit millions of career-oriented individuals. We believe that SBI’s e-courses will enable learners to gather good knowledge of various aspects of banking and financial services and help them add value in their professional lives.”
Further, Ms. Lakshmi R Srinivas, Chief General Manager & Head (Strategic Training Unit), SBI elaborated on the courses that will be initially offered. She noted that the courses will cover:
1) “Banking Fundamentals” provides basic banking knowledge.
2) “MSME Lending in a Nutshell” is designed especially for SME entrepreneurs, Banking professionals, and will also be of interest to students.
3) “Electronic Payment System in India” offers basic information on electronic and digital payment systems.
4) The course” Priority Sector Lending Norms” provides insights into the significance of Priority sector lending and guidelines
5) The course “NRI Business & Compliance” empowers learners with knowledge of rules and regulations governing NRI Business and compliance.
“We are excited to offer our courses to learners across the country in association with NSE Academy. We are initially offering five courses with an aim to provide an understanding of different aspects of banking-to-banking professionals, students and other learners,” said Lakshmi.