JobBuzz, an online rating platform powered by TimesJobs recently conducted a survey among 1,050 graduate and post-graduate students and found that 70% i.e. more than half of the students are looking out for internship opportunities.
The key findings of the survey were:
1. The survey revealed that 55% of the respondents searching internship is a difficult task.
2. 35% students said that there are not enough internship opportunities to apply for.
3. 55% of the respondents shared they have had 2-3 internships in the past while 15% have had none.
4. Online job sites emerged as the most effective platform for finding job opportunities with 45% votes followed by social media sites with 30% votes.
5. The survey also revealed student's experience with Company’s Application Process. 10% of the students suggested companies should respond to applicants more quickly and 10% were of the view that cover letters should be eliminated. Additionally, 10% believed there is a need to simplify interview process.
6. 45% prefer Flexi work hours and 30% prefer full-time internships.
7. The study also indicates that 40% of the students apply for internships to get work experience.
Earlier reported at People Matters, All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) signed an MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) with a leading internship and training platform, Internshala, in order to facilitate internships for Indian students.