For a deemed-to-be University like GITAM, the prime driver for choosing LinkedIn Talent Insights was the ever-increasing dynamism in recruiter requirements and the unique job specifications of various employers. GITAM could leverage LinkedIn talent solutions to cultivate a skill-based culture and keep ahead of the skills curve, thereby winning the “Talent Insights Pioneer” in “Academia”.
In this tete-a-tete, Dr Rojeena Mathew, Director-Competence Development, Gitam Career Guidance Centre, talks about how LinkedIn Talent Solutions began as an innovative experiment but over time, helped fine-tune GITAM’s campus recruitment training strategy. The video highlights how the tool enabled GITAM to:
- Discern early trends, optimally allocate training resources, and provide training inputs to students based on the existing market demand
- Attain the key objective of Skill Gap analysis i.e. actually analyse gaps in the academic and training curriculums and act decisively to fill these gaps
- Leverage unconventional approaches by cross-referencing the available solutions to suit academic and training curricula
- Develop job roles, skills and certifications that were in demand and trending, preparing students for likely future job markets
- Cultivate a skill-based culture. For example, create a cross-discipline demand for coding skills through hackathons, coding clubs and training
- Ascertain the whereabouts of GITAM alumni for mentorship of students, internship assistance and conducting seminars and workshops
LinkedIn Talent Awards is a data-driven recognition awarded by LinkedIn to companies based on their utilisation of LinkedIn Talent Solutions and activities on the LinkedIn platform. The 2022 edition recognises the companies leading the future of work by demonstrating remarkable adaptability, innovation and creativity throughout one of the most challenging years for talent.