Chandigarh University has taken up lifelong learning as a key attribute. To ensure that they are enabling the students to be lifelong learners, the Academic Council has taken a bold step towards making minimum 20% of the credits through Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs). The partnership with LinkedIn has helped this endeavour by exposing students to 16000+ courses across various topics of business, technology, creative skills, etc.
As a winner of the “Learning Champion” category in “Academia”, Prof. (Dr.) Priestly Shan Boaz, former Pro Vice-Chancellor, Academic Affairs and Prof. Dr. Gurpreet Singh, Associate Director, Online Learning share in this video how:
- Courses taught by industry experts are available anytime-anywhere in desktop and mobile formats, empowering students to learn flexibly at their own pace
- Personalised learning recommendations based on students’ interests and past learning histories help tailor content to specific needs. The University could identify what skills to be incorporated into the curricula
- Three-pronged learning around professional development, learning resources, and networking have enhanced students’ career prospects
- LinkedIn professional networking has encouraged students to connect with seniors and industry peers, join relevant communities, participate in conversations and seek support for projects and careers
- An exceptional support service has helped address technical issues, enabling 26000 learners to do 10 lakh certifications in the academic year 2022-23
- Choice-based credit feature has enabled learners to do one self-paced credit-transfer course per semester, allowing the institute to achieve its MOOCs goals
LinkedIn Talent Awards is a data-driven recognition awarded by LinkedIn to companies based on their utilisation of LinkedIn Talent Solutions and activities on the LinkedIn platform. The 2022 edition recognises the companies leading the future of work by demonstrating remarkable adaptability, innovation and creativity throughout one of the most challenging years for talent.