This week Are you in the List Awards for Emerging HR Leaders has crossed 10,000 applications in the last five years. This is an incredible landmark for People Matters and the community at large because it means there is a tremendous aspiration, hunger, and desire to raise the bar for the HR function from the new HR generation. Register Here!
Are you in the List Awards aims to appreciate, recognize and celebrate the future of HR. The Are you in the List awards bring together the top young HR leaders, the eminent jury members, most advanced partners and all of the senior leaders in the HR community that contribute to this exhaustive process.
When People Matters together with DDI started this initiative back in 2012, our belief was that awarding the next generation HR leaders is a way to raise the game for the entire function.
Here is an overview about Are you in the List
There are two reasons what we believe that is the case, and this belief has been strengthening year after year in the last five years.
A Transformational Journey from the Inside Out
Let me begin with the first reason. The process that the candidates undergo creates a transformational journey that impacts their lives, their career and in turn the recognition at every stage of this journey sparks greatness in them and others around them. Here is how:
- A total of 10,000 young HR professionals that have participated in the last five years undergo a 7-month stage after stage of assessments. They are assessed on HR functional knowledge, cognitive abilities, managerial readiness, critical competencies (like building trust, gaining commitment, facilitating change and continuous improvement), aspiration & commitment for people excellence in the organization. Ambition, competition, the discovery raises the game for this group of professionals.
- At every stage of completion, the achievement showcases what great looks for the HR Function helping participants reflect and learn regardless of whether they make it or not to the next stage. The final stage, today is recognition of great work and what great looks like for the future leaders in HR. These are the young leaders that the community has assessed as the future potential for the function.
- In HR today we need ‘Great Work’, ‘Good Work’ in not enough. Sometimes we wonder HR is built for great work or for 'good work' with so many systems that we have built to sustain consistency and replicability. OC Tanner Research shows that when great work is not identified and recognized that is the #1 reason why organizations start seeing a degradation of value that comes from the effort and work of their employees.
Hear what the Are you in the List participants have to say!
Identifying greatness in our next generation leaders creates a transformational journey for the participants and it leads to a tangible output too which is identifying ad recognizing what great looks like.
An impact to the community from the Outside in
The second trigger that happens in a process of this caliber that also raises the bar for this function is involvement of so many influencers, champions, stakeholders together that with their sheer passion and enthusiasm leave a mark in the overall state of the community – that is the "outside in" impact.
- Our jury is formed by some of the most recognized veterans and emerging leaders in the profession across the five years. They lead and manage a large group of HR professionals and are responsible for their growth and development. Here is our jury list for your reference.
- Many of Are you in the List alumni work in some of the most impactful organizations Indian and MNCs and even start-ups. They in also manage HR managers and are also alumni of postgraduate programs around the country across different B schools. Here is the list of our alumni.
- Our roundtables are attended by local HR leaders from across India and over 500 CHROs and Functional leaders participate in our survey to identify the competencies we will assess in the face to face interviews in the last five years.
- The CEO and CHRO engage and acknowledge the importance of this awards and the Are you in the List winners are growing successfully in the organizations they were working – they are recognized internally as High Potential Talent.
Hear what the jury and partners have to say!
These are all dimensions that together in its way and sometimes even difficult to trace, but they are moving the conversation and moving the needle for HR. This change is all possible because of the dialogue opportunities the awards process provides to this community.
At People Matters, we believe that awarding greatness is the way forward to raise the game for the HR community. We believe that if we raise the game for HR, we raise the game for our business and we raise the game for the country.
Be part of this exceptional journey and Nominate now. Click here