Are You In The List 2016 winner: Ravi Bajpai
An engineering graduate (Computer Science) with PG in Management from VGSOM, IIT Kharagpur, Ravi started his job at Infosys as an HR Functional Consultant, and now has been with the organization for 11+ years. He invests his free time in everything which life has to offer - from movie making to Pet psychology, and everything that interests him.
Ravi Bajpai, Practice Lead – Talent Acquisition, Infosys
One thing you will:
Start in HR: Automation of mundane transactions to liberate bandwidth for strategic partnership.
Continue in HR: people-centric approach.
Stop in HR: Archaic thought process alienating millennials. Bell-curve to quote one.
As an emerging HR leader, one thing which brings great pride to you:
After sea change which Infosys has undergone in last decade, to be able to participate in the whole evolution has been a providence laden with learnings for lifetime. I have been able to create a blueprint for negotiating any large organization change. This remains undoubtedly my most significant handicraft.
Biggest flaw in the way organizations operate today, and how do you plan to fix that:
The HR, more than often feels the financial leash around its neck. No price can be set for protecting the organization culture, which is the very definition of future growth and success.
The earmarking a budget for HR initiatives and commitment for the same from Finance, is something which I would like to ensure. The HR spend should be deemed critical for growth of the organization. It should be viewed as investment rather than a cost.
What makes the difference while you are in HR in a corporate set up:
The Ability to quantify and innovate by leveraging technology, complements my kaleidoscopic experience in HR domain. I have been innovating processes by drawing on my key strengths. This has been the impetus of my corporate life.
In 5 years, you see yourself as:
In next 5 years, I want to breakthrough into strategic leadership role, providing me with an opportunity to run next wave of HR process innovation, built upon data mining and predictive analytical model.
Your Are You In The List Journey:
The RUL journey has been a revelation. To be able to adapt and put myself through the rigours of each stage, has been both humbling and heartening experience. I would like to single out the manager ready simulation, as single most astonishing and arduous test which I have put myself through in last couple of years. I would like to appreciate the people matters team for being so professional during the entire process.
FIRE SHOT QUESTIONS:
- As an emerging HR leader, what keeps you up at night: The massive technology disruption happening in HR and fear of being left behind.
- Describe today’s HR in one line: The cultural custodians who are innovating the future growth and success.
- Qualities which differentiate you from other participants: deep domain & technology consulting
- A stranger’s first impression of yours would be: A mirror personality.
- Who or What are your biggest strengths: My team and people I coach.
- One weakness you can do without: to feel disappointed at failures.
- If we have to automate you and ask you to keep one human quality, what should that be: To be a cognitive listener.
- Your Favourite book: The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich: A History of Nazi Germany: A book by William L. Shirer.
- Your Hobby: To invest yourself in everything which life has to offer. From movie making to Pet psychology, everything interests me.
- One word that describes an HR professional: Cognitive
For the entire list of Are You in The List Awards 2016, please click here.
Here are the profiles of other winners (not based on ranking):
Here’s the list of India’s 15 future HR leaders:
- ABHISHEK BUDHARAJA, Associate Director, HR (Talent Management, OD & OE) at Snapdeal
- ANKITA PODDAR, HR Business Partner, Amazon
- APOORVA PRADHAN, Assistant Manager, Tata Consultancy Services Ltd
- MEGHA GUPTA, HR Business Partner, Sapient Corporation Ltd
- SALIL RAHEJA, Deputy General Manager, Essar Steel India Ltd
- SHAVETA ARYA, Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition, PepsiCo India Holdings Pvt. Ltd.
- SHREYAS HARIDAS, HR Business Partner, Star India Pvt Ltd.
- SIDDHARTH BHASIN, HRBP, G&A Business, APAC Region, Google
- SOUMYA MALKANI, Deputy Manager – Organisation Development, Tata AIG General Insurance Company
- ADITYA ADYAR, Chief People Officer, Faasos
- NIYATI GOEL, Regional Rewards, AMEA (Asia Middle East & Africa), Mondelez International
- APEKSHA JAIN, Senior HR Business Partner, PepsiCo
- RAJESHWARI RAMACHANDRAN, HCM Consultant
- SNIGDHA SINGH CHAUDHURI, Sr. Manager, HRBP for Sales team, Cipla