Anxiety, excitement, happiness – all these emotions at one go. Yes, People Matters Are You In The List Awards 2017 saw these emotions on the participants faces when they started checking-in at the venue on the Awards night. You could sense the sheer pride in them yet grounded in the way they spoke with the mentors, delegates and the people around them.
People Matters presents the most awaited Award ceremony for the Future Emerging HR Leaders every year from 2012. And it has become synonymous with top talent spotting. Our alumni is a set example of this. Some of whom who were HRBPs at the time of receiving the Award are now dabbling with the Top management as HR Heads/Function Heads. They have proved that the Are You In The List Awards is not just any corporate award but a recognition par excellence.
On 8th December, we witnessed the crowning glory of 11 Future Emerging HR Leaders. The day was filled with extremely profound sessions and Masterclasses from experts from various industries.
Are You In The List Award journey was conceptualized in 2012 in collaboration with Development Dimensions International (DDI).
So how has RUL helped bring transformation to the HR industry? Dipali Naidu, Head of Consulting at DDI said, The Are You In The List platform has strengthened the process of identifying high potential talent in Human Resources in India This rigorous process of selection has ensured that the awards spot those courageous HR professionals who are anticipators of workforce and talent trends relevant to the business. It has provided high visibility to the top talent and has opened up opportunities for them to work with the best in the industry thus raising their own standard of performance.”
Here’s the list of 2017 Winners:
- Anurag Shrivastava | Manager – Business HR (Commercial) | Vodafone
- Chandni Narang | Manager – Org Design & Effectiveness | Flipkart
- Divya Amarnath | Head – HR Services Delivery, India | Hindustan Unilever Ltd
- Harshil Sethi | Manager HR – International Business Unit | Asian Paints
- Kamiya Choithani | Sr. Manager – HR | Myntra
- Madhushree Mehta | AGM – OE & Change Management | Vodafone India Limited
- Natasha Boparai | HR Business Partner – GBS, IT, Global Functions | Boston Scientific Corporation
- Pooja Shetty | Senior Chief Manager | Aditya Birla Finance Ltd.
- Preetha Santhanam | Senior Manager – HR | Ernst & Young
- Saswati Subhasmita | Assistant Manager | Bosch
- Sneha Arora | Senior HRBP Consultant | SAP
The 6-stage rigorous process starts with Stage 1 which is 1A (Online Application): Candidates register online by submitting their details and by following the online application process. And then subsequently, 1B (Application Form): Applicants would be taking the Online Application test. Stage 2 is the Cognitive Ability test: DDI’s Cognitive ability test will follow for eligible candidate which is a tool for online assessment of one’s cognitive ability as it relates to success on the job. The qualified candidates will proceed to stage 3 of the Awards process. With the results, participants move to Stage 3 which is Leadership Assessment (Manager Ready): The shortlisted candidates undergo DDI’s online Leadership Assessment. This is a tool to identify the candidate's readiness to take managerial roles. The top candidates from this assessment will further proceed to stage 4 of the Awards process. Stage 4 is the Video Interview process where shortlisted candidates are required to record their video, answering pre-determined questions on video platform to assess whether the applicants display the required competencies for which the automated interviewing process is used.
Meanwhile, vetting the insights stage is done which involves the scrutiny of the information provided by the shortlisted candidates by AMS Inform on the basis of insights from the HR competencies. The shortlisted candidates will move to the next stage of the Awards Process
Stage 5 is about solving a business case study. In order to further assess skills required to be a successful HR Leader, DDI evaluates selected individuals on their business acumen by conducting a mini-assessment using a business case study method. This stage may also include a personality inventory which measures attributes or tendencies that can either enhance or derail one’s leadership effectiveness. Faceoff with the Panel is Stage 6 which is a one-on-one meeting of the Jury with the finalists which will lead to identifying the Emerging Future HR Leaders of 2017.
The Jury comprised HR experts from different industries. They had a tough time in selecting the best from the crème-de-la -crème. The Jury include:
- S Varadarajan - Senior HR Leader & Entrepreneur
- Shalini Pillay - Head of People, Performance & Culture, KPMG India
- Gajendra Chandel - CHRO, Tata Motors
- P Dwarkanath - Advisor - Group Human Capital, Max India
- Jacob Jacob - Group CHRO, Columbia Asia Healthcare
- Dr. Aquil Busrai, CEO, Aquil Busrai Consulting
- Anuranjita Kumar - Managing Director, Human Resources, International Hubs, RBS
- L Prabhakar - Vice President - HR, ITC Limited
- Meenal Jadhav - Director, Schneider Electric, India
- Yuvaraj Srivastava - Group Chief Human Resource Officer, MakyMyTrip.com
- Kamlesh Dangi, Group President - Human Resources, UTI Mutual Fund
- D N Prasad - Director, People Operations, Google
- Rajessh Rai - Vice President - Human Resources, Accenture
Are You In The List 2017 also had support from Partners. DDI has been the Presenting Partner, AMS Inform is the Background Verification Partner, MISB Bocconi is the Academic Partner, C2C Organisational Development is the Organizational Development Partner, Jaipuria Institute of Management is the B-School Partner, Threefish Consulting is the Associate Partner, CCL is the Research Partner, Indeed is the Associate Partner, The River Group is also the Associate Partner, Goodera is the Employee Volunteering Partner, and The Speaker Bureau Partner is Right Selection.