The World Economic Forum's global gender gap report for 2020, banks, it is among the five worst-performing countries on the economic participation and opportunity metric. As per the periodic labor force survey, 2019, the female labor force participation rate was only 19.7% in rural India and 16.1 in urban India was this greater than 55% for means.
In this podcast, listen to Ruchira Bhardwaja, CHRO, Kotak Life in conversation with Yasmin taj, Managing Editor, People matters where she reflects upon how the pandemic has put more women out of the workforce and how organizations need to gear up and take steps to create a gender-balanced workplace.
Listen to the podcast as Ruchira addresses the following questions:
- How the pandemic has impacted women's workforce participation in the workforce? Could women be leaving the workforce more than men?
- Working mothers absorb a disproportionate amount of childcare and homeschooling responsibilities, and with COVID-19 & lockdown, the double shift has grown to a “double-double” shift. It has also been quoted as one of the reasons for women to step down from the workforce. How can organizations address this challenge?
- What are some of the immediate actions that organizations can take to support women working remotely?
- What are the possibilities for women out of the workforce due to pandemic today and in a post-COVID world?
- What are some of the opportunity areas that organizations should focus on accelerating the needle of a gender-balanced workplace?
Listen to the podcast here: