Article: Centum Learning forays into Construction Sector


Centum Learning forays into Construction Sector

Centum Learning subject matter experts in collaboration with Sector Skills Council shall establish Centres of Excellence (CoE) which are the hub for innovation and excellence in the sector.

After successfully venturing into 20 industry sectors, Centum Learning now announces its entry into the building & construction sector. Considering the demand for the skilled workforce in the Building & Construction sector, Centum Learning is now offering employability programmes to individuals in the same.

Centum Learning subject matter experts in collaboration with Sector Skills Council shall establish Centres of Excellence (CoE) which are the hub for innovation and excellence in the sector. Over the years, Centum Learning has established multiple CoEs across sectors like Telecom, Retail, Aviation, Banking and many more. These CoEs have provided leadership and enabled sharing of best practices for learning and development initiatives.

Centum Learning will be offering courses in Masontry, Shuttering Carpentry, Site Engineering, Welding, Fabrication, Highway Technology, Automobile Maintenance, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration. These training programmes will be highly customized to suit the needs of the job market.

Under this initiative, Centum Learning has collaborated with Department of Industries, Government of Bihar to provide up-skilling programmes to youth of Bihar across 5 districts namely Gaya, Madhubani, Patna, Muzaffarpur and Purnia. As a part of this initiative, Centum Learning will train close to 1000 candidates under two trades- Sheet Metal Fabrication and Screen Printing. Candidates will be facilitated with placement/ self-entrepreneurship assistances upon successful completion of the course.

Under the National Urban Livelihoods Mission (NULM), Centum Learning will be training over 8000 urban poor youth in Telecom, Construction, ICT, Automobile & Healthcare sectors across various districts of Madhya Pradesh.

Announcing the foray into Construction Sector, Sanjeev Duggal, CEO & Director, Centum Learning said “Although the construction industry faces a number of bottlenecks, we realized that the primary challenge for them is to source skilled manpower. Given our scale and experience of working into multiple sectors, we believe our courses in the construction sector will help us a step forward in contributing towards our Prime Ministers vision of building a Skilled & employable India”.

The Indian Construction Industry currently employs 45 million people out of which 30% are employed in the Real Estate and the remaining 70% in the Infrastructure segment. The total workforce comprises 82.5% unskilled workers, 10% skilled workers and the remaining are engineers, technicians, foreman and clerical staff. It is expected that 83 million people will be employed by the construction industry by 2022.

India is on the way to becoming the third largest economy in the world by 2050 and construction sector would be the second largest employer and contributor to its economic activity. Keeping this in mind the Government has also decided to allow 100% FDI in the real estate industry to encourage construction activities in the coming years.

Read full story

Topics: Entrepreneurship, #National, #Updates

Did you find this story helpful?



For how long do you think the current pandemic situation will impact the world of work?

On News Stands Now

Subscribe now to the All New People Matters in both Print and Digital for 3 years.


And Save 59%

Subscribe now

Join the webcast on "Decoding business continuity & expense management in times of crisis"