Tuesday, 16th June 2015, 8:15AM-1:00PM
ITC Grand Chola, Chennai
Who should attend:
CHROs, Heads of HR and Heads of Learning
This is the third year of the L&D Leadership League - one of its kind initiative for leadership & development leaders that aims at taking the talent management function to the next level of business alignment. The year-long initiative includes series of events across India. These activities will then culminate into a signature annual event, which will bring together L&D Leaders from across the country to learn, share and celebrate this strategic function. This League is a People Matters initiative which is aimed at promoting knowledge enhancement and development of this esteemed group.
- Nurturing the League of Extraordinary Learners!
- The workforce consists of individuals with diverse aspirations coupled with specific learning styles. Despite the plethora of learning solutions out there, the L&D leaders still find it an uphill task. This session will cover how L&D leaders can choose the right solution based on their company’s business needs, technology support and evaluation metrics.
- L&D 2020: Defining the Modes of Delivery
- L&D Leaders need to determine the mode of delivery appropriate to the nature of the intervention, the profile of the learner and the available budget!<ol type="disc" style="padding-left: 10px;"><li>What are the different modes of delivery? When to use what mode of delivery?</li><li>Why – and under which circumstances – it is necessary to fight for facilitator fees and when technology can be optimized?</li><li>How effective are facilitators?</li><li>Is technology reliable and adaptive enough to meet the Learning needs of the larger employee population?</li></ol>
- Technology blended Learning Solution
- With technology playing a big role in HR, this session will walk you through some success stories. Justifying their cost and implementation and demonstrating how they work for a diverse learner group.
- Redefining the Learning Metrics
- Companies use a varied menu of metrics to define the efficacy of their respective L&D programs. If there were an opportunity to standardize the data points and define a common set of metrics, what would emerge? In this participative session, we will get the opportunity to put together a relevant dashboard where the CEO can recognize the ROI on L&D
ITC Grand Chola, Chennai
ITC Grand Chola, Chennai A Luxury Collection Hotel # 63, Mount Road, Guindy Chennai 600032