SumTotal App Marketplace is developed with an aim to provide abundant opportunities for personalization for an organization's learning and talent development needs. The SumTotal App Marketplace is a one-stop destination for organizations to enhance the capabilities of SumTotal’s market-leading Talent Development platform and realize the technology’s fullest potential.
“The debut of SumTotal App Marketplace signifies our ongoing commitment to helping customers develop simple and effective solutions to their most challenging talent development needs,” said John Frederick, CEO, SumTotal. “This launch marks the beginning of a very exciting innovation roadmap designed to enable organizations to build an end-to-end talent development solution equipped to solve the workforce needs of today, tomorrow, and the future.”
- Designed as an ever-evolving customer-driven community, the SumTotal App Marketplace features:
- Third-Party Applications: A collection of applications, including dashboards, tools, and workflows, that easily integrate with SumTotal’s platform to address customers’ specific learning and talent challenges.
- Customer Developed Tools: SumTotal has a diverse community of builders who have developed powerful tools to continue to extend the possibilities of the SumTotal platform.
- Content Partners: SumTotal brings together a robust ecosystem of content partners to deliver the learning resources needed to ensure organizational success.
- SumTotal Developed Applications: Access tools and extensions developed by SumTotal.
Through the App Marketplace, the customers can confidently explore, research, and purchase the talent development solutions they need that address the unique requirements of their organization.The applications and integrations showcased on the Marketplace come from SumTotal, approved third-party applications vendors, our customers, and their peers as client-based tools.
“With the App Marketplace, we aim to reduce the complexity, time, and resources they spend on maintaining and integrating enterprise-class solutions without sacrificing the ease-of-use and customization they expect from us;” wrote Frederick, in his blog.
The demand for integrated talent platforms and super apps has been increasing for a while now, however, there are not many solutions available. As Frederick wrote, “One message I heard loud and clear was their urgent need for a single unified talent development ecosystem to help meet the specific personalized needs of their organizations.”
As managing talent becomes more complex in the COVID era and beyond, the need for such tools is expected to increase further. Convenience is surely the key element that HR and work tech providers should focus on currently. The leadership at SumTotal has made a wise move by listening to the needs of the customer and improving the solution. In this direction, this move by SumTotal is timely and is expected to improve upon the customer convenience through a single unified platform.