About the company:
Cushman & Wakefield is a leading global real estate services firm that delivers exceptional value for real estate occupiers and owners. Cushman & Wakefield is among the largest real estate services firms with approximately 50,000 employees in over 400 offices and 60 countries. In 2021, the firm had revenue of $9.4 billion across core services of property, facilities and project management, leasing, capital markets, valuation and other services.
Role and responsibilities:
• Provide leadership and drive continuous improvement and consistency throughout the region to strengthen partnerships between Country HR teams and improve visibility and collaboration.
• Streamline the recruitment & selection processes across the region, leveraging global frameworks and applying a more commercial approach to managing volume recruitment, optimizing systems and platforms.
• Manage the transition across the region to new global platforms and careers portal and ensuring this is optimized.
• Proactively promote Cushman & Wakefield's Brand & EVP to attract and retain our top talent, critical to our ongoing success in the region.
• Build and manage positive working relationships with third party consultants and agencies and actively manage the Cushman & Wakefield PSA, ensuring a deep understanding of contracts and employment legislation across all countries and create value through our external partner providers.
• Manage and work closely with the Head of People, Asia Pacific to conduct end-to-end recruitment for Senior positions and strategic hires.
• Work with senior business leaders to identify and recruit key talent in the market.
• Coaching the Talent Acquisition function in each country to mature from a reactive volume recruitment into one that can manage the professional nuances associated with commercial real estate and strategic hires.
• Work closely with the Marketing and communications teams to promote our Employee Value Proposition (EVP) and ensure a consistent message through all levels of the organization and in each market across the region.
• Together with the Regional and local HR teams, drive positive messages and stories and career enhancement opportunities throughout the region and globally, reinforcing our strong brand and commitment to employee engagement, career growth and retention.
• Lead and manage a consistent approach to onboarding across the region. Working closely with the Regional HR COEs and local HR teams to develop an experience that is efficient and effective and ensures a smooth and positive transition into Cushman & Wakefield for new hires, M&A integrations and internal moves.
• Work closely with the HR Operations Manager APAC, Global Technology Services (GTS) team to leverage technology platforms (Workday, Phenom People, LinkedIn, Hire view and other HR related business applications such as the internal and external websites and external job and careers sites) to deliver value to business leaders and individuals using simple, streamlined processes.
• Provide ongoing coaching to Country HR teams, leaders and individuals to maximize the value they receive from HR technology so that the platforms are business enablers, not obstacles.
• Effectively anticipate and manage risks associated with people and take a holistic approach to proactively audit and monitor HR systems and processes for compliance and consistency across the APAC region (where appropriate) with relation to legislation and global requirements, including: a) The DOA (Delegations of Authority) is followed for all Employment related activities. b) Key strategic ‘people’ risks have been identified and are built into the risk management system.
• Work closely with the HR Operations Manager APAC to regularly measure and report on critical HR metrics to meet regional and global data and reporting requirements.
• Build accountability with HR centres of excellence and country teams to focus on accuracy, consistency, continuous improvement, development of key metrics and performance indicators that enable business leaders to effectively forecast and manage human capital for direct business unit performance.
• Provide leadership guidance and development to country-based HR Leaders and teams to develop strong, diverse and results-oriented teams focused on value-creating HR work.
• Support the region in a hands-on, commercially driven manner, set meaningful, measurable HR objectives aligned with regional business objectives, and hold Country HR Managers accountable for execution of those to ensure the highest quality of service delivery.
• Network and collaborate regionally, establish links to regional and global counterparts providing a regional interface for APAC.
• Leverage economies of scale and build vendor relationships to negotiate contracts and cost-effectively procure HR products and services to meet business needs.
• Effectively manage the regional HR budget to deliver value and minimize cost.